What's new

Land and Sea pinpointer questions

Pointman

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2013
Messages
2,646
Reaction score
1,585
Golden Thread
1
Location
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, AT Pro, Xterra 505, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I’ve been noticing these for a lot of years. I’m interested in possibly buying one simply because it is waterproof. The current pinpointer I have are not waterproof and I wanted something different than a Garrett.

Has anyone used one? How are the vibrations? Do they false or have any problems?

Thanks.
 
So I’ve been noticing these for a lot of years. I’m interested in possibly buying one simply because it is waterproof. The current pinpointer I have are not waterproof and I wanted something different than a Garrett.

Has anyone used one? How are the vibrations? Do they false or have any problems?

Thanks.
The "Land and Sea" Pin pointers have been discontinued. I owned a few of them because I had a habit of forgetting to secure them while diving and lost at least 2 and breaking one, my fault. They were great for the price, but are now unavailable.
 
So I’ve been noticing these for a lot of years. I’m interested in possibly buying one simply because it is waterproof. The current pinpointer I have are not waterproof and I wanted something different than a Garrett.

Has anyone used one? How are the vibrations? Do they false or have any problems?

Thanks.
Your TRX should work fine for both, at least mine does. What I like even better is the XP Mi 4 and 6. If yours is a Deus 2 get the 6, otherwise the 4 is the same. The 6 allows you to pair with the Deus 2 and hear it through your headphones. They both come with a coiled lanyard so it doesn't get lost.
 
I’ve always had problems with a TRX getting water inside them. I can short term dunk them but nothing more.

To further clarify, I’m looking for something I can get more than 10 feet with. I have the F-pulse but it is only rated to 2’ if not mistaken.
 
Vibraprobe 850 for deep diving. The Mi's will go 15-20 feet with no problem.
 
I have owned the Garrett, XP mi-4, and the Land or Sea. For overall quality I prefer both the Garrett and the Mi-4 over the Land or Sea.

That being said, I have never been diving with any of them, and I no longer live near the beach to test them against the salt.

My go-to pinpointer as of now is the XP mi-4.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom