Large cent & a nice Merc

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Large cent & a nice Merc

Hi All,

Found these two on Monday. After the first light cleaning, I thought the large cent was a Liberty Cap type, as I could swear I saw the triangular shaped bonnet at the back of her head. Unfortunately, when I got the dirt off, that bonnet was not there at all, revealing a worn, corroded, no date Draped Bust type large cent. Oh well, it's still a large cent- my 20th, so I'm happy with that.

The Merc is a 1924 and my pic doesn't come close to doing it justice. It's a razor sharp AU and it's frosty white.

HH All.

Jeff

Attachments

• finds13006 0012.jpg
    finds13006 0012.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 335
  • finds13006 0062.jpg
    finds13006 0062.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 337
Upvote 0
Re: Large cent & a nice Merc

Good going Jeff! It's good to see someone getting out. Cladius.

Nothing wrong with finding those nice Bust large Cents.....Their hard to find and the sites are always old............Keep posting .....Seeker ;D ;D

Great job jeff that merc looks great. HH RB

The Merc reverse looks like it's "full bands"!! You might want to have someone take a look at that. The only one that is questionable is the middle band. Beautiful coins. Great find! Wish I had your luck. HH

Congratulations, great looking merc. I'm still looking for my first. I'm so jealous. I've bought some but it's just not the same.

Great finds. I cant believe you can get out this time of year in Mass! Weather has been great here in PA. Yet to find a large cent and looking hard.
Mark G

Sweet! ;)
Nice dig.

Jeff- nice finds......I had a large cent...not as old as yours.. but I used my electrolysis machine and got a date off it....aloha johny mc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back