Large cent, Token, and Sterling bracelet

D

doyboy

RP and I got out today to one of "his" areas. I used my DD shooter coil again and it worked some nice finds out for me. I was swinging my coil along a path when I got a nice "Half" dollar reading that pinpointed at 5". I called RP over to watch me dig it. After digging 5 inches of dirt out, I saw the coin in the pile. It turned out to be an 1852 "Braided Hair" cent. The reverse of the coin is in great shape.
At a different area, I got a 50 VDI reading that pinpointed at 2.5". The target turned out to be a token. On the front is, "Good For 1 Pack." I guess it could have been used for a pack of cigars. Could anyone help me identify this token? How old could it be? I would greatly appreciate it.
I also found a Sterling silver bracelet. It read "Dime" and was 3.5". The front of it says, "Lovely 18." I also found 9 Wheaties for the day.

Attachments

• 9-10-06.jpg
    9-10-06.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 400
  • 9-10-06 Reverse.jpg
    9-10-06 Reverse.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 399
Upvote 0

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds!

i think the token might be goo for one pack of cigarettes??? or at least thats what i gathered

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• flaming_wow.gif
    flaming_wow.gif
    36.7 KB · Views: 356
  • THUMBS UP.gif
    THUMBS UP.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 357
  • flaming_wow.gif
    flaming_wow.gif
    36.7 KB · Views: 361
  • THUMBS UP.gif
    THUMBS UP.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 360

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
The "Good for 1 Pack" token is a jackpot token from a small countertop slot machine of the 1930's-40's. There are also tokens for 2, 3, 5 and 10 packs. As Whitesid notes, often they were good for packs of cigarettes, and some machines even displayed cigarette packs as symbols on their reels, instead of the usual cherries, lemons, bells, etc. However, there were also machines whose tokens were for packs of mints or chewing gum. The idea was that the tokens could only be exchanged for merchandise, not cash, thus getting around anti-gambling laws. Of course, just the opposite was the case.

R

rvbvetter

That large is from shell. Teasin
Excellent finds!!! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread