A antiquesglory Tenderfoot Joined Dec 22, 2021 Messages 8 Reaction score 21 Golden Thread 0 Jan 18, 2022 #1 Hello everyone, I found this metal detecting in a civil war fighting area. It was not deep at all. I wanted to know what this thing is. Also how old this thing is or goes back. Could it be hand forged?
Hello everyone, I found this metal detecting in a civil war fighting area. It was not deep at all. I wanted to know what this thing is. Also how old this thing is or goes back. Could it be hand forged?
D dingode Full Member Joined Mar 28, 2007 Messages 204 Reaction score 175 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 18, 2022 #2 Some kind of spring for a buggy or early car maybe? Upvote 2
Tony in SC Gold Member Joined Jun 8, 2006 Messages 6,428 Reaction score 9,296 Golden Thread 0 Location Upstate South Carolina Detector(s) used Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jan 18, 2022 #3 I would say the small end would have a handle. The pin on the side would be pivot? Maybe a guide or throw-out for a drive belt? Upvote 2
I would say the small end would have a handle. The pin on the side would be pivot? Maybe a guide or throw-out for a drive belt?
DCMatt Gold Member Joined Oct 12, 2006 Messages 10,485 Reaction score 13,791 Golden Thread 0 Location Herndon Virginia Detector(s) used Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jan 19, 2022 #4 Half of a coal clinker tong? Upvote 2
A antiquesglory Tenderfoot Joined Dec 22, 2021 Messages 8 Reaction score 21 Golden Thread 0 Jan 30, 2022 Thread Owner #5 Thank you all for the answers. Thanks all for the hard work. Although it has not been solved I will try to figure it out. Upvote 0
Thank you all for the answers. Thanks all for the hard work. Although it has not been solved I will try to figure it out.
Gare Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Dec 30, 2012 Messages 13,412 Reaction score 30,239 Golden Thread 0 Location Canton Ohio Area Detector(s) used Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 30, 2022 #6 Possibly a blade off of a spring harrow Upvote 0
Gare Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Dec 30, 2012 Messages 13,412 Reaction score 30,239 Golden Thread 0 Location Canton Ohio Area Detector(s) used Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 30, 2022 #7 Upvote 1