What's new

Largie, IH, eagle button ID help please

Mr. Digger

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2014
Messages
724
Reaction score
2,001
Golden Thread
1
Location
MASATHVSETS
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, SE pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit a field today and pulled an 1831 matron head and an 1890 IH. I took some naval jelly to that fancy silver gilded button and was amazed at how the details came out. If that is in fact part of a two piece eagle button then it is my first! Can anyone confirm, or help ID and date? The cool thing about that find was that I had just noticed two bald eagles circling high above and my next signal was the eagle button. I almost started singing The Star Spangled Banner right there in the field!!! Hit a field today and pulled an 1831 matron head and an 1890 IH. I took some naval jelly to that fancy silver gilded button and was amazed at how the details came out. If that is in fact part of a two piece eagle button then it is my first! Can anyone confirm, or help ID and date? The cool thing about that find was that I had just noticed two bald eagles circling high above and my next signal was the eagle button. I almost started singing The Star Spangled Banner right there in the field!!!
 

Attachments

  • eagle button front.webp
    eagle button front.webp
    34.9 KB · Views: 124
  • eagle button back.webp
    eagle button back.webp
    35.7 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 10
can't confirm but nice digs
 
DIGGER NICE FINDS ....
 
General service great seal button - Without the backmark on the button its anyones guess, they date from 1902-present. Although yours looks like the first half of the century.
 
General service great seal button - Without the backmark on the button its anyones guess, they date from 1902-present. Although yours looks like the first half of the century.

I agree. Both WWI and WWII looked a lot alike, but there were some differences, mostly on the backmark like Crusader mentioned.
 
any spot that gives up a Largie and Indian needs further hunts!!

hit that site hard, great job!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom