Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started detecting a new farm i gained permission for this week. It has a mill on it, a roman road crossed the land and because it is close to a ford a roman vicus is supposed. The small church in the near village, dating back 800years, has loads of roman roof tiles used for decoration in the outside walls. It was common practice to use stones and tiles of roman ruins to build new houses and especially churches.
The field i choose has lots of roman shards but is also filled with trash. With the amount of signals i don't think it was detected before. The farmer is not aware of any detectorists on his fields (in daylight...).
With that many trash it will take several hunts to clean and get to the good stuff.

These are the roof tiles, masoned in a herringbone pattern on the church.
31394537ft.jpg

31394538sp.jpg

Lots of big stuff...
31394512gs.jpg

The last coin of the year was this 1 Centime copper L'an 6 (?) so probably 1797.
31394514di.jpg

The last signal of the year was this beaten fork sticking out of the ground.
31394513wb.jpg

Now up to a successful 2018! :headbang:
Good luck and great finds to you all!

Upvote 16

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it sounds like a great new permission to search around. I'm sure in 2018 this one will come good.

Benjamin52

Apr 26, 2011
Germany
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS :-:
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2018 for the win! YOu always manage to pull out a denarius or two, so I am confident you will have good finds! Happy you have a new promising site!
Happy new year!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the new permission and good luck working the site in 2018. :occasion14:

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Hi Lu. I'd say you had a pretty good yr.. What was that horde you found, like 700 coins? Sorry you didn't get silver this round. Could that item just right of center, near top, next to the biggest piece of pic. of "big stuff" be a broken plumb bob? Looks kind of like an old time cannon. Good luck & Sylvester.

landmagnet

Aug 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck in 2018 with this promising new site. Look forward to the posts!

OP
OP
Westfront

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Lu. I'd say you had a pretty good yr.. What was that horde you found, like 700 coins? Sorry you didn't get silver this round. Could that item just right of center, near top, next to the biggest piece of pic. of "big stuff" be a broken plumb bob? Looks kind of like an old time cannon. Good luck & Sylvester.

Hey Tim, last count i'm aware of was 496 or so coins for the hoarde. With the few we found after harvest we're slightly over 500.
That toy cannon looking piece is a broken window handle. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread