Last Hunt Of 2019

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0602.JPG IMG_0598.JPG The weather turned warm, melted the snow, and thawed the ground giving us one last chance for a late season hunt. We hit a site where I dug a pair of Silver Roosevelts two weeks ago but there was no silver this time. Though temps were in the mid 40's the wind was constant at 20-25 MPH. We hunted for just over 2 hours and came up with 77 coins worth $11.89. The pic of the site was kind of fitting......the sun setting on the hunt and the hunt season.

Upvote 13

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice you squeezed another hunt in, and a good one at that. Now you can sit back and sharpen the tools for next season.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt, hope you get another few days before you all have to hunker down.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice you squeezed another hunt in, and a good one at that. Now you can sit back and sharpen the tools for next season.
Thanks Roamer......we'll be watching the calendar until spring.

Nice hunt, hope you get another few days before you all have to hunker down.:icon_thumleft:
Thanks BLK HOLE...….The forecast for the coming week is for VERY cold temps so the ground will be frozen and there's snow and ice coming down today so the batteries have been taken out of the detectors and they're hanging up on the cellar wall until spring.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you had a great year from reading all your posts hopefully winter will go quick. Great last hunt by the way
Have a nice Holiday my friend. Tommy

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well you had a great year from reading all your posts hopefully winter will go quick. Great last hunt by the way
Have a nice Holiday my friend. Tommy
Thanks Tommy.....Roughly 100 days until the next hunt season begins around here so we'll be watching the calendar until then. Have a Merry Christmas.....

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on getting out for another hunt Clad2Silver.

Thanks Tuberale…...we got lucky with the weather but frigid temps coming up this week so we're done for 2019.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad you snuck in a last hunt before all this ice moved in. Looks like we will be below freezing for the next 10 days at least. Maybe we’ll get the traditional “January thaw” and we can get out for a couple days. Then again....
HH
dts

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you snuck in a last hunt before all this ice moved in. Looks like we will be below freezing for the next 10 days at least. Maybe we’ll get the traditional “January thaw” and we can get out for a couple days. Then again....
HH
dts

Thanks dts…..yes, it looks we're in for a cold spell and hopefully we'll get a LONG "January thaw" but even if we do, I'm not going out to dig. I'll be hiding under a blanket until spring.....

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks dts…..yes, it looks we're in for a cold spell and hopefully we'll get a LONG "January thaw" but even if we do, I'm not going out to dig. I'll be hiding under a blanket until spring.....
Sounds like a very sensible plan!
Merry Christmas
dts

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the productive hunt! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread