Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out with Frank on Sat for a few hrs back at our button site. This site has coughed up probably over 200 buttons, coppers and several other artifacts.

Franks now swinging the Deus 2 & I'm now swinging the Manticore, so it's good to compare how both of our machines read targets. They are both very powerful machines and are sniffing the smallest buttons. I have to say so far, I'm digging much deeper targets (6"+) than I've ever dug in all my years detecting with the V, which was pulling targets probably in the 5-6" depth range.

Frank dug 20 buttons & I dug 12, so another 32 added to the button count. I was in the area where I dug the NJ a few weeks ago and got a good signal. After digging down about 6-7" out popped another copper.

It's a no date KG III, but I'll take it. That's 3 hunts with the Manticore and the 1st & 3rd hunt produced deep coppers. That makes 7 coppers for 2023.

HH & Happy New Year everyone!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

Upvote 17
Well done adding to the button total.
One has to wonder why so many buttons at one site.

Got out with Frank on Sat for a few hrs back at our button site. This site has coughed up probably over 200 buttons, coppers and several other artifacts.

Franks now swinging the Deus 2 & I'm now swinging the Manticore, so it's good to compare how both of our machines read targets. They are both very powerful machines and are sniffing the smallest buttons. I have to say so far, I'm digging much deeper targets (6"+) than I've ever dug in all my years detecting with the V, which was pulling targets probably in the 5-6" depth range.

Frank dug 20 buttons & I dug 12, so another 32 added to the button count. I was in the area where I dug the NJ a few weeks ago and got a good signal. After digging down about 6-7" out popped another copper.

It's a no date KG III, but I'll take it. That's 3 hunts with the Manticore and the 1st & 3rd hunt produced deep coppers. That makes 7 coppers for 2023.

View attachment 2123490View attachment 2123491View attachment 2123492View attachment 2123493View attachment 2123494View attachment 2123495View attachment 2123496View attachment 2123497
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

View attachment 2123490View attachment 2123491View attachment 2123492View attachment 2123493View attachment 2123494View attachment 2123495View attachment 2123496View attachment 2123497
Congrats on some great finds

What a great way to end the season! Thanks for sharing the info on your machine's performance. Interesting comparison. Congrats on a great hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back