tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night I watches the show on AHC Myth Hunters of the Atocha find. Just wondering if anyone else had the pleasure to see it?. What a fantastic tale this Mel Fisher was able to experience. Has ever a movie been made on this great 20 century story and the years it took to find this great treasure. I and the Fam. went to see Spider Man last night and it was truly entertaining, but if Hollywood could make a movie out of the Atocha find it would simply "have it all", just this MH documentary had my heart racing. I never realized how many years it took to find the mother-load of that wreck.
Myth Hunters (Season 2): Is This the Atocha Motherlode? : American Heroes Channel

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome...there, love that kind of Adventure...thanks

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really loved the shot of the beach push with the road grader, and all of those old 1960's metal detectors lined up behind it!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't see it would have liked to tho. Well at lest Hollywood got the right time frame on the detector props!
I don't think we get that channel.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... all i seen is that they used a white's the old pi 1000 it looked how cool is that.....
Ooo yea white's were first on the under water detectors... corect me if I'm wrong

Last edited:

blackbeard1717

Sep 10, 2010
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great show it was the story of the atocha which got me into this hobby when I was 8 years old I have had the pleasure to meet pat clyne at dive shows and talk old stories pat clyne is a great guy I even got to hold atocha gold chain and wear. Collecting atocha treasure is even better

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't see it, but I know the story well. Right before finding it, Fisher lost his son and daughter in law to drowning when their boat went down. He also had to fight off (I believe) 122 lawsuits from everybody that wanted a piece of his find (including the United States and State of Florida who went back on their agreements with Fisher after he made the find).

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread