Last time for 2023?

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
My 3 permission fields may be finished until spring. The farmer put in oats as a cover crop and they are now ā€œupā€. I found these 5 flakes today.
The lower right piece has one surface that is nearly solid dark red. The lower center piece looked line a point when in situ. Now Iā€™m certain its just a flake.
Hopefully Iā€™ll still be ok walking the field edges until winter.

Attachments

• IMG_2260.jpeg
    IMG_2260.jpeg
    1,015.1 KB · Views: 27
Upvote 5

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I notice chert/flint nodules have a fissure/crack in them that turns red/rusty on the face exposed to air maybe thatā€™s what happened with yours?

vonfatman

Jul 21, 2023
KCMO Area
Primary Interest:
Other
If the urge to chase rocks gets too much for you while those oats are in the field...our farm is a year-round rock hunting extravaganza. Creeks and campsites...no fields to walk here 8-) Whistle me a PM and we can ease the pain.

vfm

Last edited:

Nathan W

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2023
My 3 permission fields may be finished until spring. The farmer put in oats as a cover crop and they are now ā€œupā€. I found these 5 flakes today.
The lower right piece has one surface that is nearly solid dark red. The lower center piece looked line a point when in situ. Now Iā€™m certain its just a flake.
Hopefully Iā€™ll still be ok walking the field edges until winter.
I know sometimes you just have to hit it hard because it could be the last time. I always do that every time I go anywhere just incase I canā€™t make it back or owner tells me ok thatā€™s enough lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread