tncreeker
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Feb 6, 2011
- Messages
- 329
- Reaction score
- 114
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Maggie Valley, N.C.
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
First of all,,thanx for all the help I have recieved from you guys over the past year. I`m still not getting it though. I have spent days on end on this computer trying to sort through and figure out the lingo/styles/etc. etc of the flint tool. So far, the only words I`m sure of are Projectile Points. So I found this Projectile Point here in Baileyton TN. It`s the last one for me,,heading to Foster KY on sunday. This is 2 inches long, the point is needle sharp. Does not show any breakage but there is no base? It`s a little flared on one side, but the not flared side is just as worked as the other. The flaking on the faces are smoothed, like its been in the dirt a long time, but the edges are still real sharp. Any ideas, info, opinions? I would appreciate any.
Thanx,,,,,Lori
Thanx,,,,,Lori
Attachments
Upvote
0
Your probably confused (because your a girl j/k) because its a pretty confusing subject. There are a lot of different cultures throughout the us and within those cultures are many many tools and point types. It's probably best to concentrate on learning the styles of the particular cultures your finding relics from. After you learn more about the points your finding personally and your still interested in broadening your interests. travel to other states and or try different locations to learn about other cultures. As for looking for knowledge on the computer google search your interest or topic ie. "TN flint types PDF" and you will get a lot of arch reports term paper reports site evaluations etc that hold a lot of useful info a lot of lingo to learn but that can be learned more as you read more you will learn more. A lot of folks on here read a lot about what they have interests in and I've found that searching pdf files, also search for ebooks on the subjects your looking into. A lot of arch books have tons of info. and there are tons of arch books if you seek them out. As for your latest find there seeing how it is not specifically notched as anything you can type and its a little crude except for tip should tell you that it was probably a tool and most certainly in this case, a knife . Good luck out there SISTA






