Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Week's quick hunt in the rain

Saw the waves crashing in on Lake Michigan last Wed so I ran out in the rain and got an hour and half of hunting the beach. Had the ACE set to dimes and larger so I didn't waste valuable daylight on pennies. One interesting find that I decided to end the day on was a token looking thing. It was too dark to see it well, so I rode my bike home fast as I could only to find out it is blank! Someone said it may be an old tool tag that had someone's initials or something painted on at one time... Has anyone seen something like this? Any thoughts to the age?

HH! GTL

Attachments

• 11242010.jpg
    11242010.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 147
  • 11242010-2.jpg
    11242010-2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 142
Re: Last Week's quick hunt in the rain

From your photo atleast, the token looking thing looks like it was once gilded or gold-plated. Perhaps it was this:
carl_athf_150.gif

Hmmm. It may be a blank that had yet to be stamped or engraved. No idea on the age though.
HH
John

Tool check perhaps. Could have been papered or painted as well.

What, no bling in Chicago?!?

Great hunt and yes Jon, Carl is a reasonable facsimile of yours truly but I still have my chain and medallion. Only wear it when listening to Foreigner or Boston of course.

Lowbatts said:
Tool check perhaps. Could have been papered or painted as well.

What, no bling in Chicago?!?

Great hunt and yes Jon, Carl is a reasonable facsimile of yours truly but I still have my chain and medallion. Only wear it when listening to Foreigner or Boston of course.

Do you still wear your foreigner belt?

At last You go aut !!!!!!!!

p2c said:
From your photo atleast, the token looking thing looks like it was once gilded or gold-plated. Perhaps it was this:

It can't be Carl's because the chain is backed up by 12lb test chest hair. You could pull in a medium sized carp with that scruff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back