What's new

Last weeks searching...nickels and halves

mrbelvetron

Full Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2004
Messages
165
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cleburne, TX.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Last week I found some customer rolls about $230 worth and pulled...

8 40%'s
1 NIFC 2006

Two box order yielded no silver but about a rolls worth of NIFC halves and a very distressed 78-S proof.

Two nickel boxes yielded about 35-40 pre-60 and "S" mints, the only one of note being...
1 1944-P (SILVER!)
 
Upvote 0
nice halves, but surprisingly weak nickels.....wonder if more people are jumping on em? :dontknow:
 
alpha105 said:
nice halves, but surprisingly weak nickels.....wonder if more people are jumping on em? :dontknow:

I thought so too, 35-50 is what I usually get from one box, if not more. I was kinda disapointed but maybe that means I'll score big on them next time.

On a side note I only need the 50-D, and either the 38-D or -S (have one or the other can't remember which) and the 39-D or -S (again have one or the other but can't remember which) and I'll have the non-proof date/mint set from circulation.

Happy Hunting.
 
alpha105 said:
nice halves, but surprisingly weak nickels.....wonder if more people are jumping on em? :dontknow:

Thats not weak in comparison to what I find. I average about 15-18 pre-60's a box. I think people are beginning to hoard early jeffersons in anticipation of a composition/design change coming in the next few years.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom