deepsecrets
Hero Member
- Joined
- Jan 10, 2009
- Messages
- 773
- Reaction score
- 874
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Shenandoah Valley Virginia
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- AT Pro
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
My daughter decided not to take the ATP to Myrtle Beach this weekend so I had my shot at the old summer kitchen foundation. This is about a 20x20ft area. Pulled a ton of iron pieces of cooking pots, pottery, glass. Best out of the day was another large cent (1834), my first IH (1865), small thimble and six buttons. A big surprise was the US bit boss - considering the farm was home to Confederates (three of the sons rode with Mosby). I have found Union relics before on the property but nothing from the Confederate forces. In the foundation I recovered a broken wine bottle made in the mid-1800's by the Dyotteville Glass Works, Philadelphia PA.
Attachments
Upvote
6







