What's new

✅ SOLVED Lead bottle stoopers/plugs?

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2011
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
488
Golden Thread
1
Location
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
These are about 1/2 inch across. I am told that they are lead bottle stoppers/plugs. Any ideas? thanks!
 

Attachments

  • Lead plugs.webp
    Lead plugs.webp
    11.9 KB · Views: 165
  • Lead plugs (1).webp
    Lead plugs (1).webp
    9.2 KB · Views: 130
They look like the heads to roofing nails to me.

042928114674.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know. No rust in the hole. No old building sites in the area.
 
Upvote 0
sure look like 'lead heads' for a galvanized nail, that would leave no rust---
 
Upvote 0
I guess this is solved then. Thanks to all!!
 
Upvote 0
They look like the lead plugs used in old Hutchinson bottles.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom