What's new

lead conquistador picture

dave59

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
21
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Found this near some 1900 era foundations. It looks like lead but has no corrosion like a musket ball does. It appears to show a conquistador with flag and sword with others in the background.
Any ideas what this is?

Dave
 

Attachments

  • Metal detecting 005.webp
    Metal detecting 005.webp
    116.1 KB · Views: 300
I think this is part of an item depicting the landing of Columbus. Although it might be a souvenir of the 1892-93 World's Columbian Exposition (world's fair), I'll take my usual perch 'way out on the limb and guess that it's the back of one of the chairs in a set of metal dollhouse furniture featuring scenes of Columbus. In addition to the similarity of design, the size (per catalog description) would seem to be about right. The set was made around 1892-95 by Butler Brothers of New York City, at one time the largest U.S. wholesale toys distributors .

Butler.webp​
chair.webp​
 
Upvote 0
Thanks PBK! It looks right to me. I guess I can mark this as solved.

Dave
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom