What's new

Lead lid or buckle?

IronSpike

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2009
Messages
3,142
Reaction score
61
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this interesting piece of lead. Any input of usage?
 

Attachments

  • Picture 019.webp
    Picture 019.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 236
  • Picture 024.webp
    Picture 024.webp
    16 KB · Views: 237
Its usage was to be buried in the ground so that you could stick your digger into it when you dug it up. ;D

No really though, it looks like a round cut out from the lead flashing they used to put around vent pipes on roofs. How old is the site you found it at? I'm assuming it is totally lead and not lead filled tin.
 
Upvote 0
No really though, that's how I felt when I retrieved the target and saw the scratch ;D

Thanks vents pipes ID :thumbsup: Found on 'flat track trail' wide age span.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom