Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2021
Bayport, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 5
1) all children are inherently dumb, they have to be taught EVERYTHNG! I ought to know I was one once
2) remember the part don't run with scissors? Well, you should look where you're going too
3) That hole was dug by drunkos probably as pit for a party

1) all children are inherently dumb, they have to be taught EVERYTHNG! I ought to know I was one once
2) remember the part don't run with scissors? Well, you should look where you're going too
3) That hole was dug by drunkos probably as pit for a party
Or possibly by other kids with irresponsible parents to make them fill it in, or by a bunch of teenagers just killing time with not a care in the world and no respect for those that come behind them!
But detectorists will catch the blame and have the area closed to detecting.

So what was in the sand hole that was hazardous, or were they just running willy nilly with sharp objects in their hands?

This was a hole dug by a tourist moron (touron) & not filled in. Baby sea turtles fell in it on their way to the ocean. My step son going surfing found them & released them in the surf & filled in the hole. They would have died if not found. These idiots will dig holes and leave them every time. I feel bad for those kids just trying to have fun, the parents should have supervised them better.
Screenshot_20240221_050730_Photos.jpg

As I meandered along the sandy shores with my trusty metal detector in hand, I stumbled upon a crater-sized hole that could've doubled as a small swimming pool. I chuckled to myself, imagining the poor soul who must've thought they struck gold, or at least a rusty nail. With a mischievous grin, I approached the excavation site and found a fellow enthusiast, beads of sweat dripping down their forehead as they wielded their bargain-bin detector like a treasure-seeking divining rod.
"Whatcha got there?" I quipped, already sensing the punchline.

"There's a jackpot waiting down yonder," they exclaimed with unwavering conviction.

Humoring them, I waved my own detector over the pit, only to be met with the eerie silence of disappointment. With a theatrical flourish, I produced a quarter from my pocket and tossed it into the abyss. Suddenly, my detector erupted into a cacophony of beeps and boops, as if celebrating the discovery of El Dorado itself.

The look of disbelief on their face was priceless. "You see," I declared with a sage nod, "it's all about quality over quantity. You dig? And remember, in the world of metal detecting, leaving craters is a no-go. We're treasure hunters, not lunar explorers!" With a wink and a nod, I sauntered off, leaving them to contemplate the cost of cutting corners in the pursuit of buried treasure.

IMG_0016.jpeg

Yeah, saying that they "fell into a hole" is irresponsible reporting. They were already in the hole......one of their own making.

As I meandered along the sandy shores with my trusty metal detector in hand, I stumbled upon a crater-sized hole that could've doubled as a small swimming pool. I chuckled to myself, imagining the poor soul who must've thought they struck gold, or at least a rusty nail. With a mischievous grin, I approached the excavation site and found a fellow enthusiast, beads of sweat dripping down their forehead as they wielded their bargain-bin detector like a treasure-seeking divining rod.
"Whatcha got there?" I quipped, already sensing the punchline.

"There's a jackpot waiting down yonder," they exclaimed with unwavering conviction.

Humoring them, I waved my own detector over the pit, only to be met with the eerie silence of disappointment. With a theatrical flourish, I produced a quarter from my pocket and tossed it into the abyss. Suddenly, my detector erupted into a cacophony of beeps and boops, as if celebrating the discovery of El Dorado itself.

The look of disbelief on their face was priceless. "You see," I declared with a sage nod, "it's all about quality over quantity. You dig? And remember, in the world of metal detecting, leaving craters is a no-go. We're treasure hunters, not lunar explorers!" With a wink and a nod, I sauntered off, leaving them to contemplate the cost of cutting corners in the pursuit of buried treasure.

View attachment 2132740
I didn't know Jean Shepherd was a detectorist! 😲

When I think about the holes & tunnels we dug as kids, it's a wonder we weren't all buried alive. 🤦‍♂️

When I worked as an inspector for a sewer construction crew, those guys wouldn't think of getting in a trench or manhole without a trench box.

Nowadays, I think about some of the privy-diggers and chances they may be taking...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back