secondcup
Full Member
- #1
Thread Owner
Let's Get It Started
Hey fellow New Hampshireites!
Let's get this thing started! Anyone out there care to share their MD'ing stories about New Hampshire?
I live on the coast, and have been curious about Odiorne Point in Portsmouth. Has anyone detected there? I haven't been over there yet. It's owned by the State I believe, so I figure the same rules apply there about metal detecting that do at state parks.
If you hike out the walking trail a bit, you come to a WWII bunker, that was used to store ammunition I believe. Seems like a great place to detect if no one is going to throw you out!

Secondcup
Hey fellow New Hampshireites!
Let's get this thing started! Anyone out there care to share their MD'ing stories about New Hampshire?
I live on the coast, and have been curious about Odiorne Point in Portsmouth. Has anyone detected there? I haven't been over there yet. It's owned by the State I believe, so I figure the same rules apply there about metal detecting that do at state parks.
If you hike out the walking trail a bit, you come to a WWII bunker, that was used to store ammunition I believe. Seems like a great place to detect if no one is going to throw you out!

Secondcup

. It seemed so promising! I'd be up for a hunt anytime! Hey, I'm going to look into searching the grounds of what is now the 3-Chimneys Inn in Durham... an original chunk of the building was used for powder keg storage during the revolutionary war. This is why Durham made some keg shaped welcoming signs as you get into town... much misunderstood by the college students. I grew up in Durham and may be able to pull some strings to make this happen. It MAY turn out that we would not be able to keep some of our findings, as the owners may want to keep relevant historical items... but we'd likely have a great post here, with some great photos and a lot of fun. How about the Hamilton House in South Berwick, Maine (close to us here on the NH seacoast)... that would be a great hunt too!
.







