Lets Hunt Cabell, Wayne, Lincoln, Mason, Putnam, Etc. Etc. Etc......

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Hope the new guys understand that those big holes in the local parks look pretty bad. Please take the time to fill your holes back in the right way or no one will have the chance to hunt our local parks,,,,, rotary, ritter, saint cloud and every other park in our area. I have had to fix so many holes lately it makes me sick. Also it doesnt take a 2 foot by 2 foot hole to pull out a stinking coin ,,, c,mon.

I agree. There are many reasons to cover your holes, the most important is to have respect for the property you are on, and secondly, you dont want to tip off someone else of a secret spot. If I was walking along and saw holes everywhere, I would definitely stop and detect that area. I have found things that i may not have otherwise unless a dug hole hadnt tipped me off that someone had heard signals in that area. And the big holes, invest in a good pinpointer to minimize the size of your hole.

Not all new detectorists are disrespectful and leave holes. You know who you are if you do. if you want to continue to enjoy the hobby, fill your holes in, and try to leave very little evidence you were there. No one can complain if there isnt evidence left behind that you dug a crater to retrieve a target.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread