What's new

Let’s Play Spot the GOOD Roll, or, 40 FREAKIN SILVERS w/pic FINAL TALLY BELOW

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
2,494
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Let’s Play Spot the GOOD Roll, or, 40 FREAKIN SILVERS w/pic

Take a look at the picture of the rolls below. When I saw it I thought it was to good to be true. The word SILVER written on it and the old tape was a GOOD clue. It wasn’t to good to be true, it was, it had 40 silvers, all walkers and bens. I hit 6 banks picking up about 600 in rolls. Most hand rolled, 140 mint roll. Now I have to check the rest. I will update later. WOO HOO, now my ship finally came in.
 

Attachments

  • ScreenHunter_003.webp
    ScreenHunter_003.webp
    45.7 KB · Views: 570
  • ScreenHunter_007.webp
    ScreenHunter_007.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 578
  • ScreenHunter_008.webp
    ScreenHunter_008.webp
    52.3 KB · Views: 594
Upvote 0
Re: Let’s Play Spot the GOOD Roll, or, 40 FREAKIN SILVERS w/pic

WOW OOO WOW

Congrats on a great find. I'm looking forward to seeing whats in the rest of the rolls.
 
Re: Let’s Play Spot the GOOD Roll, or, 40 FREAKIN SILVERS w/pic

Incredable! Any interesting dates or mints?
 
Re: Let’s Play Spot the GOOD Roll, or, 40 FREAKIN SILVERS w/pic

tw656 said:
Incredable! Any interesting dates or mints?
So far, I mowed thru $140 and found a 40% and a 1987s. Isn't that 87 a proof?
 
Re: Let’s Play Spot the GOOD Roll, or, 40 FREAKIN SILVERS w/pic

OMG AW!!! What a hit.......that is for sure a homerun! I would have gotten goosebumps seeing "silver" written on those supersize rolls. Plus all Ben's and Ladies to boot.....wahoooo. Congrats.

Anxiously awaiting the update on the balance. Thanks for the pictures.

BTW - Do I sense a little friendly competition between brothers......ha!
 
Re: Let’s Play Spot the GOOD Roll, or, 40 FREAKIN SILVERS w/pic

awhitster said:
tw656 said:
Incredable! Any interesting dates or mints?
So far, I mowed thru $140 and found a 40% and a 1987s. Isn't that 87 a proof?

Yes the 87-S is a proof. The 87-P & D are not proofs, they were just not minted for circulation. Lets us know what else you get out of that batch.
 
Re: Let’s Play Spot the GOOD Roll, or, 40 FREAKIN SILVERS w/pic

lejeuene said:
BTW - Do I sense a little friendly competition between brothers......ha!

No way!!! I've tried with the metal detector, I thought I would do with CRH. There is something about him that is in his blood that I never got... :'(

Way to go Bro.
 
Re: Let’s Play Spot the GOOD Roll, or, 40 FREAKIN SILVERS w/pic

Wow Very Nice Im Wait For My First Walker Let alone a FULL Roll of SILVER!!!!

Heheeh Good For you!!!
 
Re: Let’s Play Spot the GOOD Roll, or, 40 FREAKIN SILVERS w/pic

You found a silver vein! Very nice pull. Hope there's more like that in your future. The pics really tell the story......amazing.
 
Re: Let’s Play Spot the GOOD Roll, or, 40 FREAKIN SILVERS w/pic

Sweet! I guess today WAS the day!!! ;D
 
Re: Let’s Play Spot the GOOD Roll, or, 40 FREAKIN SILVERS w/pic

Wow!!! What a heartstopper that must've been. Congrats on a colossal find!!!

Would love to see more pix! Very inspirational!
 
Re: Let’s Play Spot the GOOD Roll, or, 40 FREAKIN SILVERS w/pic

Nice score on the Silver...Franklin's and Walkers...Oh Yeah!!! Love it when that happens!!

Mark
 
FINAL TALLY for Let’s Play Spot the GOOD Roll, or, 40 FREAKIN SILVERS w/pic

Final Tally

After I searched the others, I cam back to reality. $580 in hand rolled produced 2-40% and a 1987s. $160 in machine rolled produced 1-40%. Well, at least one of the hand rolls was Good..LOL.... 29 Bens and 11 Lady's. And then there was my MDing finds. Nothing great out of the ground but a great day all around for treasure hunting. Like Mel said, today was my day. Who knows, maybe tomorrow will be again.
 
Re: Let’s Play Spot the GOOD Roll, or, 40 FREAKIN SILVERS w/pic FINAL TALLY BELO

Awesome finds, and all 90&ers ! I'm still looking for my first roll of silver.

Yes, as LJ said, an 87S is a proof. Kudos !
 
Ha Ha!
You did better than your brother!
Way to score!!!!
 
Re: FINAL TALLY for Let’s Play Spot the GOOD Roll, or, 40 FREAKIN SILVERS w/pic

awhitster said:
Final Tally

After I searched the others, I cam back to reality. $580 in hand rolled produced 2-40% and a 1987s. $160 in machine rolled produced 1-40%. Well, at least one of the hand rolls was Good..LOL.... 29 Bens and 11 Lady's. And then there was my MDing finds. Nothing great out of the ground but a great day all around for treasure hunting. Like Mel said, today was my day. Who knows, maybe tomorrow will be again.


Great picture. Did the halves come from the vault or where they in the tellers bus? What dates did you pull?

Congrats,
65GT350
 
Re: FINAL TALLY for Let’s Play Spot the GOOD Roll, or, 40 FREAKIN SILVERS w/pic

65gt350 said:
Great picture. Did the halves come from the vault or where they in the tellers bus? What dates did you pull?

Congrats,
65GT350
The “dream roll” was in a teller’s storage cabinet under the tray area. Here are the dates. Sorry it took so long to get them posted.
1948d
1951s
1952d
1953s
1954d
1958d
1958d
1959d
1959d
1959d
1959d
1959d
1959d
1960d
1960d
1960d
1960d
1961d
1961d
1961d
1962d
1962d
1962d
1963d
1963d
1963d
1963d
1963d
1963d
1941s
1941d
1942 none
1943 none
1943 none
1943s
1944 none
1944 none
1944 none
1944 none
1944d
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom