What's new

Lets see some interesting medals.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
1,367
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here is a interesting badge or medal I found some time back, the figures are of some of important people of the day, I think the 1880s time period. I think the middle figure is Queen Victoria 1837 to 1901 she was around. You never know what you might find. Brian C.
 

Attachments

  • P5230575.webp
    P5230575.webp
    50.7 KB · Views: 897
  • P5230576.webp
    P5230576.webp
    49 KB · Views: 875
Upvote 0
Here is a neat GAR medal I eyeballed on the surface of a bottle dump many years ago. It is amazing condition for being found in the ground, or I should say, on the ground.
 

Attachments

  • GARmedal-F.jpg.webp
    GARmedal-F.jpg.webp
    38 KB · Views: 870
  • GARMedal-B.jpg.webp
    GARMedal-B.jpg.webp
    42.1 KB · Views: 870
  • GARMedal-B.jpg.webp
    GARMedal-B.jpg.webp
    42.1 KB · Views: 871
  • GARmedal-F.jpg.webp
    GARmedal-F.jpg.webp
    38 KB · Views: 871
nice medals :-\ hmmm, as soon as I get home from work I am going to look through my stuff to see if I have any :icon_scratch:
 
Nice medals guys :thumbsup:

I wish I could I.D. this one (the only one I've ever found) :D

DSC_1849.webp
 

Attachments

  • DSC_1849.webp
    DSC_1849.webp
    71.9 KB · Views: 842
Here is my favorite medal
 

Attachments

  • medal.webp
    medal.webp
    85.5 KB · Views: 847
watercolor said:
Nice medals guys :thumbsup:

I wish I could I.D. this one (the only one I've ever found) :D

comparrispn.webp

After I posted mine, I couldn't help but noticing the two similarities between the two.
 
watercolor said:
Nice medals guys :thumbsup:

I wish I could I.D. this one (the only one I've ever found) :D
this is the closest that i could find so far.
2004.JPG


same flags. it would help if i knew which flag that was on the right
 
DevilDog812 said:
watercolor said:
Nice medals guys :thumbsup:

I wish I could I.D. this one (the only one I've ever found) :D
this is the closest that i could find so far.
2004.JPG


same flags. it would help if i knew which flag that was on the right
Nice bunch of postings, the clasp hands were part of the Irish thing, probably others as well. HH
 
:hello:
Found last summer:
 

Attachments

  • DSCN7420.webp
    DSCN7420.webp
    81.3 KB · Views: 822
  • DSCN7419.webp
    DSCN7419.webp
    84.5 KB · Views: 824
  • DSCN7428.webp
    DSCN7428.webp
    69.3 KB · Views: 818
  • DSCN7426.webp
    DSCN7426.webp
    77.4 KB · Views: 814
  • DSCN7426.webp
    DSCN7426.webp
    77.4 KB · Views: 802
  • DSCN7428.webp
    DSCN7428.webp
    69.3 KB · Views: 807
  • DSCN7420.webp
    DSCN7420.webp
    81.3 KB · Views: 806
  • DSCN7419.webp
    DSCN7419.webp
    84.5 KB · Views: 816
Erdspiegel said:
:hello:
Found last summer:

That is very nice! Sure cleaned up well! Nice find!
 
Nothing of great historical value but always fun to dig.
 

Attachments

  • 5008_1306170739bunch.webp
    5008_1306170739bunch.webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 687
  • 5008_1306011588WW1.webp
    5008_1306011588WW1.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 713
  • 5008_1306011864max2.webp
    5008_1306011864max2.webp
    11.2 KB · Views: 702
  • 5008_1306011021mothers.webp
    5008_1306011021mothers.webp
    6.7 KB · Views: 719
Here is a medal I found, under a very old pecan tree . Someone from Louisiana that fought in the Civil War . I found it in north west Tn. , and read that there were troops here from La. that trained here .
 

Attachments

  • metal detecting pics 040.webp
    metal detecting pics 040.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 560
  • metal detecting pics 040.webp
    metal detecting pics 040.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 564
I just found this medal the other day. Its not war related and I dont know anything about it but I think its pretty cool.

KILLER Tn- That veterans metal is awesome.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9837.webp
    IMG_9837.webp
    151.3 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_9837.webp
    IMG_9837.webp
    151.3 KB · Views: 423
This is one of my favorites. It's not very old but I like it.
 

Attachments

  • fat stock.2.webp
    fat stock.2.webp
    43.6 KB · Views: 287
lost crow said:
This is one of my favorites. It's not very old but I like it.

That is very cool! I like it too! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom