What's new

Lets talk about marked halves

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2007
Messages
1,801
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
USA
I searched my first box Monday or was it Tuesday of this week, anyways got (2) 64's and (5) 40%ers- I'm happy right. Maybe this was beginners luck- still got $500 frn's lets find out. Right before I made the phone call to the vault and order the second box I had this thought to have my Ma order a box through her CU as I know they use Loomis and the first box from my bank had BRINKS on the rolls. Then after I made the phone call, I thought "dam I was gonna get a box from the CU"- Awell done now- don't wanna order and not pick it up.
Second box came today- skunk, but not only that at least half the coins were marked with one of two marks- either a red or two blacks spaced 1/8" apart. After a couple rolls it appeared to me at least 2 (??????) individuals are already using my supply for a dump- mind starts racing, where are they getting their coins (probly the CU like I shoulda)?
Anyways what are yous thoughts on this? Dump bank (dump BRINKS) or not? All I can afford is two boxes on payday (once a month) and if someone with SOB status is dumping a few grand worth into my supply line every week then thats not good. I hope to get a dump line going soon sos I can do a couple boxes a week but till then I gotta spend em too.

Thanks for any input, I'm in a city of 1/2 mill and as far as I know widows ain't turnin is silver for face. HH Mark
 
Upvote 0
Hey ME-

Don't be too shocked about your marked coins. Brinks and Loomis will pick up coin from a pretty good range of territory. The fact that you got only 2 types of marks probably means they went into the hopper at the same time and sorted into your boxes. I've seen as many as 10 or 12 different marks per box and had one box with 90% of the coins marked by the same hunter.
It goes in cycles and if you think those are the only 2 in your area, think again - probably at least 20 or more.
Keep at it and you might get a dream box!!!

Good Luck!
 
I find marks mixed in all the time. Haven't found a marked sivler half or error coin yet ;). They all go in the hopper at the coin counter along with the silvers. Mark wrappers on hands rolls can mean you won't find anything, but not always.

Try one box from each location for a few months if you want.

HH.
 
Is this devious or what?? I keep finding some marked halves in the boxes I'm getting. It's a little dot just above the eagles left wing. I've been thinking about marking all of mine the same way. That way, if the guy starts seeing a bunch of "His" marks, he'll think he is peeing in his own well and find another source. That will leave this source to me!!!! Do you hear me??? TO ME!!!! ha, ha, HAH!



I think I need help ;D
 
Yea leave the source to ME LOL. My marks were take a stack of coin and run a red marker along the edge. The other mark was two thin black ones. I found a dump bank- openned a savings acct ($100 min.). First I tried out the coin machine on pennies, nickels, and quarters. Then I ran home and and filled a coffee can with halves. I told them I have buckets of change at home and would probly bring a can full once or twice a week, problem is the buckets will never get empty haha. And for a bonus I got a silver Rosie out of the reject and I didn't run any dimes through. Next to find out who handles their coin sos I'll know where not to buy from. HH all, Mark
 
Is there certain banks that have coin sorting machines that you can use free of charge? Will they take halves? Thanks
 
most do for customers (account holders). HH Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom