What's new

Letter on Himmler Letterhead

nkoconnell

Greenie
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I work for a print shop that does bulk shredding. My daughter worked there a few days last year and found some interesting stuff - original citizenship papers, etc. Stuff my parents (who are into geneology) would have loved to find. She found a series of letters written from Germany during WWII. One of these letters is written on Himmler's personal letterhead. As Capt. Charles F. Sackett writes, "First off, how do you like the SS big shot's writing paper? As I'll tell you later, we have until recently been running a large, former SS camp, and this paper came from the desk in the bit shot's private room. Wouldn't he be happy if he knew an American officer was writing to the States on his stationery!"

So, my question is. Is there a museum or repository that I can donate this to that will allow it to be viewed by more people? His letters are so interesting - he writes of being wounded, and of his recovery in France. I would like to share this with the most people possible.

Thanks,
Nancy
 

Attachments

  • gi_letter.webp
    gi_letter.webp
    489.8 KB · Views: 369
I used to find post WWII GI letters in the dump all the time. Its all interesting stuff. I think its great to save this stuff from destruction and thanks for sharing. :icon_thumright: I sold my letters at the flea market but eBay would fetch a better price. I dont know where to donate.
 
Upvote 0
well if a museum wont take them I'm sure rick on pawn stars would love to have them in his shop lol i had to do it that is a very cool find there cant be that many letters with that letterhead floating around hh
 
Upvote 0
Try approaching the Halocaust Museum in Washington, D.C., with it. It's an amazing museum and they have several rooms dedicated to different aspects/approaches to the war. Definitely do not sell it or toss it. It's historical. Thanks so much for sharing. -Noodle
 
Upvote 0
I would be careful about this letter, most places that do shredding, whether for a fee or free, They may have a privacy policy in effect that could get ya into some hot water with the customer. Anyways, don't want to rain on your parade. Nice find!........NGE
 
Upvote 0
you could try the D-Day museum in New Orleans or get ahold of the history channel and inquire with them. Dean
 
Upvote 0
I would be glad to accept it for the Louisiana History Museum. We have a large WW-2 Exhibit and it would fit in. Please check out the museums website. We have some of H. Himmlers personal silverware.
Contact me by PM if you wish.

louisianahistorymuseum.org.
DG
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom