Lighting does strike twice, Brighter and Better!!!!!

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me this is my best find to date!! I asked the question how many can say they found all the buttons off the same uniform. Well I posted a few days ago a group that I have been told yes they were. This is where it ge
IMG_20230524_145751984.jpg
IMG_20230524_145800335.jpg
IMG_20230524_145827804.jpg
ts better, these were found before the last group under the same circumstances on a lone homesite with nothing around. I've been contemplating giving these to the local historical society to display because I really think these are special considering where they were found. Let's have your thoughts please!!! PS. They're domed 1pc

Upvote 9
OP
OP
fishstick

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot to add that these two sites were only 5 miles apart from each other. One to the east, the other to the west.

plehbah2

May 8, 2023
Colorado mountains
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, XP Deus II
Those are crazy good finds. I think those one piece eagle "R" buttons are 20 years earlier than your two piece examples with the raised mark depressed channel back marks. I am going to include a link to an open access JSTOR paper here about Indiana in the Mexican War, and which specifically mentions companies of riflemen being raised there. This might also give you ideas for further research. One possibility is that a local culture developed in the area where you are hunting of young men enlisting as riflemen, just like how some families serve in the Army or Marines over multiple generations. It's hard to say for sure, but you have certainly encountered rare instances of luck, a couple of times over. Beautiful finds, and kudos to you for considering sharing them with local historical societies. I am not one to advocate the donation of everything people find, but it is very big of you to consider it as an option. Depending on your subsequent research, your finds might have quite the local story to tell.

OP
OP
fishstick

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much for the props and info!!! I truly feel blessed and look forward to reading the link you sent.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great stuff....congrats!!

OP
OP
fishstick

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to be clear. These weren't all found at the same time. It was over a 3 year period only because the first year was beans then corn which I didn't hunt that season and then beans again. Found 6 the first season and then the other 3 the next.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread