Little shaped and polished

OP
OP
Laneybug

Laneybug

Greenie
Sep 7, 2022
663A5573-A760-45E4-99C1-B56A1544A845.jpeg 5361B27A-C0F7-40E5-8A8D-4B3B0D4FB8E5.jpeg I accidentally posted it twice and then still erased the pictures 🤦‍♀️. I am really not good at this at all.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a natural stone polished by mother nature.

OP
OP
Laneybug

Laneybug

Greenie
Sep 7, 2022
I appreciate your opinions and very much appreciate you all taking the time to respond. Respectfully, however, I would like to request that If there is anyone who is familiar with Southwestern artifacts especially ones from areas where there are not rivers that shape and polish hard stones. Places where hard polished rocks that have been shaped into a small pipe shape with a perfectly round chipped indention in the center are only that way because a human made them that way, then, I would LOVE to hear your thoughts and insights. Thank you again.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate your opinions and very much appreciate you all taking the time to respond. Respectfully, however, I would like to request that If there is anyone who is familiar with Southwestern artifacts especially ones from areas where there are not rivers that shape and polish hard stones. Places where hard polished rocks that have been shaped into a small pipe shape with a perfectly round chipped indention in the center are only that way because a human made them that way, then, I would LOVE to hear your thoughts and insights. Thank you again.
Laneybug, there are over 2,600 years of artifact hunting and collecting knowledge here, member's are trying to help.

There is nothing on your stone to say it was made or touched by man.

Last edited:

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
I have found similar rocks in many places. Creek and river beds. Dry washes, ocean beaches both current and ancient, rocky deserts, forests…you get the idea.

Your rock shows no signs of being worked or polished by man. If it was, it has been heavily eroded since, masking any trace of workmanship.

What you have here is an example of a geofact. A natural object that has superficial resemblance to an actual artifact.

Time for more coffee.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread