What's new

Little Silver Button front?, Crotal bell, and a what is it.

OldJerseyGirl

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2013
Messages
585
Reaction score
901
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunting in the fields again with Treblehunter and friend. Found this little tiny silver thing, my first real Crotal bell, and this thing ? The What is it, has leather still in it? The little silver is so tiny, but I really, really like it. Maybe the front off a button? crotl bell 002.webpmammy and crotal bell 012.webpmammy and crotal bell 010.webpmammy and crotal bell 013.webpmammy and crotal bell 014.webp
 
Upvote 14
Very cool finds, I'm glad you found that cool bell.
Nice work finding that stuff in a field.
 
OJG,

Your small piece of silver might possibly be a broken end from a silver thimble and the other item an old lipstick tube....just a guess.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
The last item; the brass thing with a hole worn through on it's end....it goes on a horse buggy. They are always worn through on an angle like that. I "think" it goes onto the two long wooden rails that are on each side of the horse, and they wear when the buggy is unhooked from the horse. Maybe someone can verify that, but I'm positive it fits somewhere on a buggy
 
The last item; the brass thing with a hole worn through on it's end....it goes on a horse buggy. They are always worn through on an angle like that. I "think" it goes onto the two long wooden rails that are on each side of the horse, and they wear when the buggy is unhooked from the horse. Maybe someone can verify that, but I'm positive it fits somewhere on a buggy

Here is one I found recently at a cellar site, It is in the far upper right corner of the pic
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0453.webp
    DSCN0453.webp
    119.5 KB · Views: 112
Nice hunt! I'm still looking for my first crotal bell. Thanks for sharing.

HH, Relic Nut
 
CT Woods, thank you. That is definatly what it is! The little Silver is not part of a thimble, I don't believe. The back is very shallow with little teeth around the edges. Has a star in the center of the top. It is very small, but silver for sure.
 
Silver thimble top.
B49.5L.webp
 
Pepperj is correct.........

Iowa Dale
Yes, I did not know they came in two parts. I thought they were one solid piece. But, that is surely what it is. I need to go back and see if I can find the bottom. Thank You!
 
Nice Digs OJG, I agree with CT Woods, the piece goes to a buggy, I believe part of the hand brake?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom