What's new

Live rock along the east coast

mlayers

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2007
Messages
5,579
Reaction score
429
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife has a salt water tank and I was wondering if I could get live rock along the coast somewhere. I thought if I could surprise my wife we would take a small vacation to the coast and I could do some detecting and then get some live rock and bring it back home for her tank. Plus she would like some salt water crabs for the tank.....Matt
 
Be careful about introducing something from the wild into a established tank.... i have had many saltwater tanks, one must be very careful about nitrates, this is the #1 thing that will kill all those fish in a heartbeat... HH
 
Also, along with nitrates, and unwanted critters wild atlantic live rock is coming from much colder water than the pacific fiji type stuff, so basically if the tank water isnt chilled {chillers are big bucks} you may or may not have any success with anything sprouting essentially turning live rock into dead rock. Your local fish store should be able to order some in for you.
 
jeff741972 said:
Also, along with nitrates, and unwanted critters wild atlantic live rock is coming from much colder water than the pacific fiji type stuff, so basically if the tank water isnt chilled {chillers are big bucks} you may or may not have any success with anything sprouting essentially turning live rock into dead rock. Your local fish store should be able to order some in for you.


totally agree............. if you want something to put into that tank do not take it from the wild for your sake as well as the creatures sake because you stand to take a big loss if you try to cut corners and save a doller...... take this advice literally>Your local fish store should be able to order some in for you. Good luck! HH
 
Meh!...I thought U2 were touring!....carry on. :laughing9:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom