Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone! I used to be called J.cache on here, but I’ve changed my handle to match my social media accounts.
This past week was pretty amazing for me. I detected an old church and found a total of 24 silver coins dating back as far as 1905. (This group shot is missing the last three that I found yesterday).
FullSizeRender.jpeg

A local farmer pulled in when I was first there and told me his brother and sister had detected it 20 years ago, so I probably wouldn’t find much. That explained why there really wasn’t anything right near the church. BUT lucky for me they didn’t take the time to grid the entire area further out.
Here’s yesterday’s silver-
FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Here’s a shot of the area, the red dots are roughly where I found the silver coins. Notice around the church is almost empty, hardly even a penny!
IMG_8675.jpeg

I call this place the Holy Church of Silver, for obvious reasons 😂
FullSizeRender.jpeg

Thanks for looking, and good luck this weekend!

Upvote 64
OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love that canadian stuff, but where is the pre-confederation tokens? is the church not that old?
I’m on the prairies right above North Dakota, so pre-confederation stuff is almost nonexistent. The nearest town was founded in 1912, and breaking into the 1800’s around here is difficult.

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello everyone! I used to be called J.cache on here, but I’ve changed my handle to match my social media accounts.
This past week was pretty amazing for me. I detected an old church and found a total of 24 silver coins dating back as far as 1905. (This group shot is missing the last three that I found yesterday). View attachment 2097856
A local farmer pulled in when I was first there and told me his brother and sister had detected it 20 years ago, so I probably wouldn’t find much. That explained why there really wasn’t anything right near the church. BUT lucky for me they didn’t take the time to grid the entire area further out.
Here’s yesterday’s silver- View attachment 2097883
View attachment 2097884
Here’s a shot of the area, the red dots are roughly where I found the silver coins. Notice around the church is almost empty, hardly even a penny! View attachment 2097885
I call this place the Holy Church of Silver, for obvious reasons 😂 View attachment 2097886
Thanks for looking, and good luck this weekend!
Awesome dig and a very nice crucifix!

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on all the silver. That religious medal is very special too.
Thanks, I was happy to find the little crucifix in such nice shape. I found a couple other more toasty religious pendants as well.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They must have had alot of bake sales in that area around the church. Great haul! :D
Yes you’re probably right!! And kids running around all over spilling their coins 😆

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread