Locations around Jackson MS

Gitschlag

Aug 7, 2011
Brandon, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett SeaHunter MkII, Minelab Xterra70
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Eh, almost all the Civil War sites in Jackson are under concrete now, or in a BAD part of town. I have heard varying reports of whether or not metal detectors are allowed in battlefield park, but nobody I know has found anything there metal detecting as it was heavily hunted back in the day.

OP
OP
T

tesoroMex

Sep 10, 2006
Jackson, MS
Detector(s) used
Deeper/ Nokta / Elecroscope
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the response Gitschlag. I will try to go to the public parks, and see what happens. Thanks

OP
OP
T

tesoroMex

Sep 10, 2006
Jackson, MS
Detector(s) used
Deeper/ Nokta / Elecroscope
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO, I will try to do some metal detecting when possible. I will be moving there in April.

angleofattack

Aug 9, 2015
West Point, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Euro tech pro dd, xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its a big place lots of lost treasure, we should get together some time after you get settled in. Im about two hours away. I always wanted to check out were the Casey Jones train wreck was. So you might check that out. There are lots of small towns near maybe some old parks and lots of old houses and or house sites.

1iwilly

Tenderfoot
Jun 2, 2014
Hutchinson Island, Florida
Detector(s) used
M-Scopes
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jackson, like Meridian, has some of the best sites for coin hunting any where in the south. The area is very dangerous. As soon as the locals figure out that you have a machine that finds money, you WILL be approached. Be advised... you will be a target of really desperate people.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread