What's new

Log Camp II

lrgcent

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2010
Messages
87
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tioga County, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites Prizm IV, Pistol Probe Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe a log camp hoe??? Any other ideas? some things are found right on top of the ground! Thanks
Running out of battery, will try to get photo of miniature horse shoe later (ice cleat?)
 

Attachments

  • log camp 10 2010.webp
    log camp 10 2010.webp
    223.6 KB · Views: 210
  • log camp 10 2010.webp
    log camp 10 2010.webp
    223.6 KB · Views: 210
Wrong one, hang on!!!
 
Upvote 0
Hoe?
 

Attachments

  • Saw tool.webp
    Saw tool.webp
    65.6 KB · Views: 211
  • Saw tool.webp
    Saw tool.webp
    65.6 KB · Views: 209
  • Saw tool.webp
    Saw tool.webp
    65.6 KB · Views: 216
Upvote 0
Looks like it was made from an old saw blade .. My guess would be that it was used as a bark stripper.
But, whatever it is, I really enjoy seeing your log camp finds .. They are very interesting. Thanks for posting! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
related to or pre-seser to the bark spud? or "log camp bark spud?" I know they took tannin bark off hemlocks with bark spuds all over this area but they look different from this one, at least the ones I've seen that I'm used to? ingenuity in a pinch? maybe?
 

Attachments

  • bark spud.webp
    bark spud.webp
    1.6 KB · Views: 170
Upvote 0
could be along the lines of this one, I guess..
 

Attachments

  • Screen shot 2010-10-19 at 10.49.15 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2010-10-19 at 10.49.15 PM.webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 169
Upvote 0
Wow, Ok...never seen one like that, could be a Virginian logger in Pa? sure could!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom