What's new

Logging camp Winchester 1894 saddle ring carbine

highnam

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2012
Messages
1,624
Reaction score
1,710
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this Carbine in my first post on this site over four years ago, titled "100 year old Washington State logging camp finds".
I found this Carbine in the first week of a three year dig! Talk about setting the hook on a young md'er!
The camp suffered a fire in 1913 that burned a row of 14 bunkhouses, my family owned the property and we have roots that go back to the R.R. logging company. After this find I was fully prepared to pull every nail out of the burn site. The next 3 years produced hundreds of buttons from work clothes and suspenders of 30 different designs. The Carbine will always be my favorite "best" find.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    87.8 KB · Views: 745
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    607.8 KB · Views: 645
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    98.4 KB · Views: 612
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    121.5 KB · Views: 620
Upvote 39
I would like to change the post title to 1894....don't see how to do it.
 
wow you say that hooked i say you swallowed the hook were netted and mounted adter that great job thanks for the great post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TreasureNet.com mobile app
 
wow you say that hooked i say you swallowed the hook were netted and mounted adter that great job thanks for the great post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TreasureNet.com mobile app
Haha!! I wish I knew what I had dug up at the time, I hunt and own guns but I'm not a collector and had no idea what kind of gun it was...I called my buddy (non-metal detector) who knows his guns and he drove over and just about died, he freaked out and I knew it was a cool gun find. Now I realize just how cool it was. Thanks A2...appreciate the encouragement you give myself and others on here
 
Thanks for the kind words. I text on my phone with my big fingers and later realize al my type Os and Es and Rs and Ts and Bs lol
 
That is absolutely amazing! Congrats on the finds!!!
 
Unique finds for sure!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny
 
Cool find, it is surprising how even old rusty guns hold our interest.
I agree...I think more would be found if they weren't passed up by a iron tone. I was lucky and found it before I knew how to read my machine, just dug anything that made noise. Haha
 
AMAZING find :) Do you need help detecting that camp ? LOL
Thanks for sharing
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom