What's new

Long hunt produces a Merc and a south african 1/4 penny

Murray8144

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2015
Messages
661
Reaction score
1,486
Golden Thread
0
Location
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to my go-to site where I've pulled now 10 silvers in about a 50x50 area. Affixed the Garrett 5x8 for the 1st time just to switch things up and maybe pull just one more silver. 1st hole was the 1944 Merc. Only other notable find was a 1954 South African 1/4 penny...kinda cool. 7 wheats too.

New Jersey property tax rebate for today was $3.20.

That makes 14 silvers ytd after starting in early October. I'm very (too) competitive with myself when it comes to my hobbies...always trying to determine if i'm any good, whether it's fishing, hunting, md'ing. I'm fairly satisfied with the number of notables I've found given that 1) I just started and still have alot to learn. 2) the parks and schools up by me have been absolutely pounded. 3) scrappy lives nearby

IMG_4387.webpIMG_4388.webpIMG_4391.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 6
Switching things up whether it be a different coil or different detector altogether seems to payoff at pounded sites. Glad you were able to locate a site that was apparently missed by your fellow New Jersian detectorists. Save some for me. :occasion14:
 
Cool digs. :thumbsup: I dug a coin like that last June. Seems like they are more common than I thought.

20150621_153112a.webp
 
Good score on the South African coin.

Regards + HH

Bill
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom