What's new

Long shot on a date

Digger54

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
659
Reaction score
892
Golden Thread
0
Location
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, Bandido II, Sovereign GT, Fisher1280X, Nautilus DMCIIB, Deus2, Manticore.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I figured this is a cut piece from a 2 reale based on the 2R I see. Is it possible for anyone to get a time frame on it based on what is there?
 

Attachments

  • 2r..webp
    2r..webp
    13.6 KB · Views: 264
backside

backside
 

Attachments

  • 2rb..webp
    2rb..webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 234
Upvote 0
It appears to be a cut "bit" from a Charles III or possibly Charles IIII 2 reales minted in Mexico City. Time frame is 1772 to about 1808 I believe. The chin on the Ferdinand VII 2 reales from 1809 -1821 is not as close of a match to your example as the earlier Charles III & IIII.

CC Hunter
 
Upvote 0
CC Hunter said:
It appears to be a cut "bit" from a Charles III or possibly Charles IIII 2 reales minted in Mexico City. Time frame is 1772 to about 1808 I believe. The chin on the Ferdinand VII 2 reales from 1809 -1821 is not as close of a match to you example as the earlier Charles III & IIII.

CC Hunter

Thanks CC really appreciate your help.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom