Looking around my own house...

Liebs

Greenie
Apr 19, 2006
Wappingers Falls, NY
Hi everyone, im new here as you can tell and i have been reading a lot of posts and topics and i find this stuff so interesting. The main reason i came to this site is because back in december me and my family moved into a new house and just very recently i learned a few interesting facts. The man who owned the house before us built it himself in the 50's, its a two story house on 2 and a half acres of land. Theres lots of goodies all over the place but just recently i learned that this man had a lot of money and it started making me think if maybe there was some hidden around the house. Now the attic is wher ei have been concentrating, before he died he started converting it into an aprtment and in one of the rooms i pulled up a few loose floorboards and found some old bills from sears dated 1950 and 1951. I also found the original blue print for the house which is neat. I checked the crawl space above the ceiling in the attic and i can make out a section that is missing a board, it looks like something could be hidden up there but i have yet to check it out due to an overwhelming amount of wasps.

Now lets get onto the yard, this is a huge yard, i dont know where to start, i have been scanning around with a metal detector but i think i need to learn how to use it properly. So far i havent found anything good yet, but there is one section of the yard that has a possible marker, its a long metal pipe sticking out of the ground and it seems to have no reason for being there. I'll be sure to get some pictures up of the property.

So basically im wondering if you guys (and galls) can give me some tips on where to look and some advice for someone just starting out in treaure hunting. Thanks for any help.

Also something i just found out, in my area there is a supposed treasure left by the local native americans before they left from disease and war. Something im gonna be researching.

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia
The pipe sticking out of the ground could possible be to an old well. When rural water came to a lot of homes they just capped off the old well. Hope this helps. Good luck.

OP
OP
L

Liebs

Greenie
Apr 19, 2006
Wappingers Falls, NY
Thanks for the help, i checked out that other thread and there is a lot of usefull information. Ive been out every day with my metal detectors, i havent found anything yet, just junk. I did get a signal though and dug about a foot and found a foil wrapper so im starting to udnerstand how to use the detector. this sure is a lot of fun and i think im hooked for good. Ill post any updates if i find anything.

F

Frums

USE A GRID MAP ON THE PROPERTY SO THAT YOU DON'T OVERLAP YOUR SEARCHES...iT WILL SAVE YOU TIME IN THE LONG RUN. CHECK AN AREA ON YOUR MAP THEN LINE IT OUT WHEN YOU ARE DONE.

pilgrim770

Jul 25, 2005
Houston, TX.
I think I woud look over the property and ask myself If I had something to hide here, where would I bury it and still be able to find it later.

Hello and welcome to the forum
First, are there any trees that hold up an olde wire fence? I mean was there a fence nailed to any outlying trees? that is a good place to look for caches.. search the area around the trees...
Second, I have heard that in the olde days people buried their money outside their kitchen windows. If you still have access to the original kitchen.. look out the window for a place that may have struck interest for the previous owners to bury their money... a rock formation, or a tree or bush that looks just out of place.. They buried things there cause they mostly spent time in the kitchen and could easily keep an eye on their stuff.
I hope this helps.. check behind drawers. and loose wall boards in the rooms, also, check the furniture if there is any left.. you never know... matresses.. the cushions of settes..
take care and good luck

M

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread