nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, White's Prizm III, Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Looking foe people to hunt with, south eastern NC OAK ISLAND.

welcome to the forum Marko!! I don't live near you but I have vacationed on Oak Island (Long Beach) for about 25 years now. I absolutely love that place!! After I got married 3 years ago I took my wife to Oak Island and now she loves it almost as much as I do, we hope to move down there later in life, I just hope all of the condo development slows down. Is it true that they are tearing Long Beach Pier down? While I was on vacation there in late August some locals were telling my brother and I that they are tearing it down. Bummer, I have a lot of good memories from my childhood and adult life there at those piers and beaches on Oak Island. Can't wait to head back down there next year.....maybe we can hook up and hunt some next summer while I'm there....

HH

I'm envious...

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We'll be down at Oak Island in August for the weekend. We are staying ocean front in an old cottage. Are there any places that are better than others for md-ing. I don't hunt water and try to avoid a lot of wet sand (using Discovery 2000, not a very high end detector but have still had some pretty good finds) Give me a heads up if you get this...

Thanks,
Ramapirate

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread