Looking for a hunting budy in the Houston area.

jsmorleymxt

Mar 25, 2008
Spring Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75
I live in Huntsville, TX. If you would like to meet up somtime to hunt a place around here or I can meet you were you want. just let me no. Im open for any weekend.

ZeroCool

May 26, 2008
Everything's Bigger in Texas!
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I live outside of Conroe and I'm new to detecting. I just ordered an Ace 250 and I'm looking forward to getting started. Finding a few people to help me get started and give advice would be great. I have been doing some research on Montgomery County and I have two spots I intend to hit soon. If anyone is up for a Saturday or Sunday of MDing let me know.

Nohope587

Jan 7, 2006
No Fixed abode
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
My Wife and I both detect in the Houston Sugarland area always interested in hunting with others. Just spend most of my life overseas so setting up hunts is hit and miss.

dirtdevil2

Greenie
Apr 8, 2005
Katy, Texas
Detector(s) used
Gerrett Ace 250 , Fisher CZ-20
I hunt the Katy Houston Downtown area and just about anywhere else I think looks good.
I like to hunt early mornings on weekdays and some weekends. I have also been out late nights but nights would be safer with a buddy/buddies. I use an ACE 250. Would also like to get a group together for a Beach hunt sometime. Carpool.
I have a Whites PI Pro coming in soon.
Robert

txscott1975

Dec 12, 2007
I live in the Huntsville area too. Have you looked into the old shipping ports along the Trinity? Old coins are abundant at these locations. I have found alot of arrow heads all around the shoreline of the lake especially when the water goes down. Alot of old homesteads all along the river and alot of history in this area.

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
ZeroCool said:
I live outside of Conroe and I'm new to detecting. I just ordered an Ace 250 and I'm looking forward to getting started. Finding a few people to help me get started and give advice would be great. I have been doing some research on Montgomery County and I have two spots I intend to hit soon. If anyone is up for a Saturday or Sunday of MDing let me know.

Hows the hunting going with your ACE?

We hit a local school this morning and found some clad and a ring (and 100 pulltabs)

beerbarrel

Jun 24, 2007
Houston
Derek, let me know, I would like to find someone to go with. I am in the Houston downtown area. I have some areas near downtown to hunt.

beerbarrel

springcypress

Jun 9, 2008
Cypress Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
I'm brand new to the hobby, and would love to have somebody to hunt with. I've been collecting coins since I was little and have always wanted to hunt but just never have.

I live in Cypress (NW Houston between 249 and 290).

I work in the oil field and generally work a 2 weeks on 2 weeks off sort of schedule. When I'm on my days off, my schedule is wide open. When I'm on my days on, it's not.

EDIT: Also thought I'd add, I know gas prices are rough right now. But if anyone in the area is interested in doing some hunting I have a company truck and gas card (I pay $37 a month to be able to use it for personal use). So I can drive and we won't need to worry about how far away something is or what not... just as long as I'm home for dinner (a late dinner if necessary).

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
springcypress said:
I'm brand new to the hobby, and would love to have somebody to hunt with. I've been collecting coins since I was little and have always wanted to hunt but just never have.

I live in Cypress (NW Houston between 249 and 290).

Thats a good huntin buddy right here!

I work in the oil field and generally work a 2 weeks on 2 weeks off sort of schedule. When I'm on my days off, my schedule is wide open. When I'm on my days on, it's not.

EDIT: Also thought I'd add, I know gas prices are rough right now. But if anyone in the area is interested in doing some hunting I have a company truck and gas card (I pay $37 a month to be able to use it for personal use). So I can drive and we won't need to worry about how far away something is or what not... just as long as I'm home for dinner (a late dinner if necessary).

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
ZeroCool said:

I live in The Woodlands and would love to find some "prime" hunting ground in the Conroe area. My nephew and I (Shaw) went to a farm in Montgomery today where a 100 year old barn still stands. We found a LOT of bullets, but unfortunately, they look fairly new. Trying to get some ID on them. Anyway, if you have any good places in mind, my nephew and I are ready to go!

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
We hunt every Sunday. (Planned)

We hunt everyday if we get the chance. :thumbsup:

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
springcypress said:
how do i find out where you all will be on a given sunday?

We can PM you and let you know. I won't be able to hunt this weekend as I am going to Fort worth ( and YES, I WILL be taking my md w/me to hunt). Shaw will likely go, so PM him and I'm sure you can hook up. I'll be back in the hunt locally in 2 weeks.

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
I will keep you posted on this weekend, I am waiting on a phone call from the owners to hunt another swimming hole.

I am also headed here this week to beg for permission. I think its an old school if my research is correct.

Attachments

• IMG_0375.JPG
    IMG_0375.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 164

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Shaw said:
I will keep you posted on this weekend, I am waiting on a phone call from the owners to hunt another swimming hole.

I am also headed here this week to beg for permission. I think its an old school if my research is correct.

oh...HELL no....not w/o me!!!!! You best wait 2 weeks if you know what's good for you buddy!

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
myelo1023 said:
Shaw said:

oh...HELL no....not w/o me!!!!! You best wait 2 weeks if you know what's good for you buddy!

LOL, I will just work on getting us on there first. I will stay in the water this weekend. ;D

I was just gonna do a prelim!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread