looking for a place to hunt in lower Potter County

yellerstang

Jul 2, 2011
Northumberland County, PA.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In late November (weather permitting) I will be in the RT. 44 Black Forest Inn area and also lower Potter County. Can anyone suggest some place for a few of us to go detecting? I am not familiar in that area, except for trout fishing... not dirt fishing!

Thanks

Jess

OP
OP
yellerstang

yellerstang

Jul 2, 2011
Northumberland County, PA.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, does anyone know of any good places to detect in Potter County, Pa.? Im headed up there this weekend. Thanks.

Jesse

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try north of West Pike in one of those hollows and see if you can find the old horse thieves hangout. I'm guessing Hardscrabble Hollow. Easy to get horses and stolen cattle up there, water....perfect hideout area. Couple smaller hollows that fit the bill in same general area.
The gangs that hung out there for like 20 years or so stole lots of crazy stuff from the locals. If it wasn't tied down, they stole it...lol. Be easy to see up through the trees now...maybe look for indents in the ground where a shanty may have been built at one time, maybe a well worn path. Can't imagine them hiking too far up a hollow without a road, leading stolen cows and such.
Hardscrabble has a road now but 2 smaller hollows don't.
Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread