Looking for China Shards..

SCdigger

Apr 6, 2003
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey guys...looking for anyone that may have some china shards they collected from privies or trash pits...looking for transferware, feather edge, CW period and earlier. Wife wants me to do some projects for her, jewelry, mosaic stuff, etc. so, I need some with some nice patterns. I'll be happy to buy them from you or pay shipping or whatever you need. Thanks for the consideration! Feel free to email me: [email protected]
Greg

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Go to the Goodwill and buy what you need and then go to the Home Depot and buy a tile nippers and then get busy busting things up.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
actually, I hunt beaches and find a lot of this stuff..I make tables and such...

Attachments

• DSC04883.JPG
    DSC04883.JPG
    325.8 KB · Views: 111

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello unclemac,

Nice table, sir! Are those Alder side rails? I wanna see more photos of your craftsmanship, please. What did you use for "grout" to secure those shards?

I just put away a couple boxes of shards for future projects and had to defend my hoard to the bride, who said, "what are you ever gonna do with that stuff?" I showed her the lone photo of your table last night and she said, "If you'd make me a nice table like that, I'll pick out the pieces I like..." Thanks for the unwitting assist, sir.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
sure, I'll fire off some more pics tonite. The side rails are vine maple and the legs are reclaimed beach wood from about 20 feet below the surface. This wood is semi petrified and black through and through. It smells like sulpher when you cut it and is hard as rock on a saw. The top and sides (which you cannot see) are old clear fir flooring and the cross pieces are just plain poplar. The table is actually a box.

glad you like it, thanks.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
sorry if I am stealing your post SCdigger, don't mean to...here are some more things you can do with pottery pieces. The agate is from the beach and it has a light under it. In fact everything is from an old Chinook village site on the beach that was inhabited until the 1950's ...the handle from a Ford, the copper canning cauldron and all the pottery pieces. Even the "dragons" were made from natural clay from the same site. What is really funny is that these Indians, who literally had to step careful so as not to slip on the clay....had no ceramics tradition whatsoever. The grout is just sanded tile grout. I use this box to hold my DVDs (in folders)...must have 300 or so in there.

Attachments

• DSC04884.JPG
    DSC04884.JPG
    306.1 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC04885.JPG
    DSC04885.JPG
    304 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC04886.JPG
    DSC04886.JPG
    280.3 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC04888.JPG
    DSC04888.JPG