What's new

Looking for coin and tools bag

jf504mp

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I recently purchased a new digging tool. It has a 2" X 7" blade. I also bought a PistolProbe. It is larger than I thought it would be. I think it is going to serve me well tho.
Now I just need a good tool bag to carry them in. The digging tool came with a holster but I suspect that in a short time it will be wore out.

Any suggestions about what to get and where to get it???

Thanks all in advance...John
 
For the past 3 seasons I've been using one of my "worn-out" camera satchels which has worked
really well for those long, all-day hunts. . . it has lots of room for all the recovered trash plus, it
has enough pockets for tools, treasure, water, etc.

However, a couple of weeks ago when I was at Dick's Sporting Goods, I saw a shotgun shell bag
that would be great for those "spur-of-the-moment" hunts when you don't carry a lot of gear.
It's made by "Allen" and can be had for about $15. It measures 8"W x 7.5"H x 3"D and has an
inside divided pocket. The only modification I made was the addition of the two snaps in front
for securing the first pocket. I haven't tried it out yet but I think it should work fine.

Good luck & HH!

allen.webp
 
:hello:

Try a Fly Fishing waiste coat :P you wil get everything in that for detecting :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

Try a Fly Fishing waiste coat :P you wil get everything in that for detecting :icon_thumleft:

SS



Are they done by J.R. Hartley :laughing7:
 
Go to any hunting supply store they should have some nice belt type products with pouches with snaps..hope that helps..
 
I have got the solution. First of all, I recommend making your own trash pouch. I use a poly bag and Caribeaners to attach to my belt loops for easy removal. I wear a simple fly fishing vest for finds and simple field tools. I use the Pistol Probe exclusively, and you are right, the holster wears in a matter of months. I have gotten a patent on a holster constructed of good leather and quality belt hook for mine. I am always in the woods and I hunt hard. My holster shows no signs of falling apart any time soon. You could probably have one fashioned by a leather crafter or buy one from me.
Below is a picture of mine.
 

Attachments

  • PICT0001.webp
    PICT0001.webp
    77.5 KB · Views: 217
  • PICT0002.webp
    PICT0002.webp
    82.5 KB · Views: 206
Woodlands what are you asking for your holster? Pretty nice looking?
 
Thanks. :)
It's really nice knowing you wont have to keep buying the canvas ones constantly.

I feel $39.99 is a fair price to protect the 179.00 investment.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom