What's new

Looking for FREE cataloging system for my relics

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2019
Messages
5,948
Reaction score
32,721
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I currently have a system for cataloging my bullet collection now, but as time grows on, those papers will get lost or ruined. I want to find a software or something that I can download to my computer that can catalog my bullets and other things. Do any of you know such a system, even if it is not for specifically bullets?
 
I'm pretty computer stupid, so I can't help with that.
But I would suggest you scan all you current papers to some sort of external storage, USB stick, SD card or an external hard drive.
I back up important stuff twice, on a USB stick and external hard drive.
I keep the stick handy for quick access to files and the hard drive is in a different place and well protected.
 
You can use a spreadsheet. There's probably a template for it. Or you can use one of the free collectors software that allow editing. There's only one I know of specifically for relics but's its subscription based.
 
Are you still facing the issue?
 
You can use a spreadsheet. There's probably a template for it. Or you can use one of the free collectors software that allow editing. There's only one I know of specifically for relics but's its subscription based.

I would like to see this application you speak of. Subscription is fine, paying for cataloging software instead of relics is not.
 
I would like to see this application you speak of. Subscription is fine, paying for cataloging software instead of relics is not.

https://relicrecord.com/ It's web based with cloud storage. It has a few advantages over a spreadsheet such as tagging and easy picture addition. It seems pretty basic but it's hard to find dedicated collection software for much outside of cards and comics.
 
Great info Im going to try that myself
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom