Looking for G. Cactus Gore

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in July 1978, I caught the best hitchhiking ride of my life in Santa Cruz California. The guy gave me his business card that said his name was G. Cactus Gore and he was a big game hunting guide from Prescott Arizona. He admitted to me at the time that he was wanted for a federal cocaine charge and had multiple credit cards in 5 different names that matched up to the 5 drivers licenses that he had , {none in the Gore name}. We would be riding down the coastal highway and he would toss me his wallet and tell me to match up a service station card to a drivers license and we would stop & get gas, or food, cash at banks, etc. We came up on a family broke down on the side of the road that had driven from Illinois with all of their possessions to the Promise Land of California. They were broke down & broke. I got their car running and G. gave them $200 which meant that we needed to stop at another bank. I rode with him through quite a few adventures that day and have always wondered whatever happened to him. My internet search skills suck and the fact that G. Cactus Gore is most likely an alias. He admitted to previous convictions for anti Viet Nam war actions many years before. I know this is a long shot but thought if anybody could find any info, it would be from here. Thanks

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He would be in his early to mid 70s. It was not Gerrard or Glen. Glen was too young. Gerrard too straight. Gerrard sounded interesting because of working at a powder plant. G. Cactus Gore had a wood crate marked explosives in the back of his pickup covered with a tarp. I didn't know it was there until i climbed under the tarp to sleep for the night. He had earlier in the day told me as a member of the Weathermen, he had bombed several Post offices & Selective Service Buildings in the 1960s. He was extremely proud that he had destroyed the buildings without ever harming any people. It was a very interesting ride!

Last edited:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I KNOW one THING IT WAS NOT ME !!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions