looking for help on a dig westmoreland county.

fishguy

Jun 20, 2013
Little River, SC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for a fellow metal detector in the westmoreland county area near Jeannette, PA. I started a hunt on some family property that was used for staging WW1 troops and last minute training before being put on the train. The area was also used for civil war veteran camps that would do re-inactmants on the connecting land. I have only searched about 100 square feet and have already found a WW1 trench insulator. It is a pain to detect due to all the modern small arms fodder in the area. this detect may lead to being allowed to detect the entire area if the land is left in nice condition and after the loggers are finished. This is a very trashy area and I am digging every signal. My uncle "the land owner" would like some of the finds as it makes it worth it to him for chasing off detectorists that refused to ask permission for the past 43 years. Good place to get used to your new detector or maybe score some nice finds. Please be 18 or older, and this is a detect at your own risk, if you slip and fall and break a bone or whatever its on you not the land owner. I will be detecting the site tommorow 7/17/13 and plan on leaving at 10am so if you read this before then and want to meet me there PM me and I will check it prior to leaving. I am new at the hobby and want to give the site a good searching. I plan on searching the field area untill the weather changes and kills off some of the overgrowth and then start on the wooded areas. Be prepared this is jeannette so there is glass in every inch of soil! just overwhelmed and need help.

danddad

Sep 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fishguy:

I Live in Belle Vernon. After I get my wish list for Christmas I would like to go metal detecting with you. I will be new to the hunt as well. I am looking at the fisher II to start with and work from there. Nice to see someone close. Thanks for the post

pinecreekman

Jun 16, 2014
Looking for a fellow metal detector in the westmoreland county area near Jeannette, PA. I started a hunt on some family property that was used for staging WW1 troops and last minute training before being put on the train. The area was also used for civil war veteran camps that would do re-inactmants on the connecting land. I have only searched about 100 square feet and have already found a WW1 trench insulator. It is a pain to detect due to all the modern small arms fodder in the area. this detect may lead to being allowed to detect the entire area if the land is left in nice condition and after the loggers are finished. This is a very trashy area and I am digging every signal. My uncle "the land owner" would like some of the finds as it makes it worth it to him for chasing off detectorists that refused to ask permission for the past 43 years. Good place to get used to your new detector or maybe score some nice finds. Please be 18 or older, and this is a detect at your own risk, if you slip and fall and break a bone or whatever its on you not the land owner. I will be detecting the site tommorow 7/17/13 and plan on leaving at 10am so if you read this before then and want to meet me there PM me and I will check it prior to leaving. I am new at the hobby and want to give the site a good searching. I plan on searching the field area untill the weather changes and kills off some of the overgrowth and then start on the wooded areas. Be prepared this is jeannette so there is glass in every inch of soil! just overwhelmed and need help.
I would be glade to help I have 3 md to use

monte952003

May 11, 2014
Blairsville PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
GARRETT AT Pro
GARRETT GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still looking for people I'd gladly help out

Top Member Reactions