What's new

Looking for help on a gold hallmark

dieharddigger

Full Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2006
Messages
248
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/E-Trac
Went with my brother Don to and old house his daughter rents. He found this gold ring. It has a mark inside but all I can read is "18K and then maybe"?ERSO" not even sure about the letters. I also tried to photograph it for magnification,but that doesn't seem to work either. It looks like it might have some light pitting,but I think it might be surface crud. Will gold do this,or does it always come out shiny? Gold plated? over what? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Steve
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 590
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 336
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 344
  • 009.webp
    009.webp
    22.4 KB · Views: 327
"?ERSO"

Maybe one of these?

ERCO = Eagle Metalart Division, Eagle Regalia Co.

ESCO = Erffmeyer & Son Co., Inc.

ESCO = Esco Products, Inc.

ESCO = Steinfield Dan & Co.

ESPO = Esposito Jewelry, Inc.
 
Upvote 0
If it is marked 18kt, then it is gold. I would take it by a jeweler and maybe they can identify the maker. Still a nice find :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
ESCO = Erffmeyer & Son Co., Inc.
5300 West Clinton Avenue
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
(414)354-7800
Toll Free: 800-852-4266

If you're from Wisconsin, this looks like a winner. Call 'em up!

Nice job PBK (as usual).

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom