What's new

Looking for hunters in Central Louisiana.

dg39

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
1,869
Reaction score
46
Golden Thread
0
Location
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always looking for spots to MD within a 30 mile raidus of Alexandria.
DG
 
Im not sure of legal places to metal detect in that area. Living in the area in question for 10 yrs ,I came to learn that Louisiana is very sensative about topics of this nature. Just to hunt anything around there you gotta get a walking permit.A good place I found is the Sabine river area where it meets Toledo bend lake. I metal detected the beaches of toledo bend and found several interesting things including a gold wedding band. Alot of indian arrowheads and world class palmwood, from millions of yrs ago which is very much sought after . I got a pic of a piece I found in the area that Im not sure what it is. I would love to get it classified so I will know exactly what to do with it, Can anyone help me???
 

Attachments

  • Feb16030.gif
    Feb16030.gif
    98.1 KB · Views: 1,699
That looks like what I always called petrified wood..I think. Am I right? I have found some before as well. Dont know where it is now.
 
I am Little more than 30 miles but would travel let me know
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom