Looking for hunters in Central Louisiana.

S

Sir_Digs_Alot35

Im not sure of legal places to metal detect in that area. Living in the area in question for 10 yrs ,I came to learn that Louisiana is very sensative about topics of this nature. Just to hunt anything around there you gotta get a walking permit.A good place I found is the Sabine river area where it meets Toledo bend lake. I metal detected the beaches of toledo bend and found several interesting things including a gold wedding band. Alot of indian arrowheads and world class palmwood, from millions of yrs ago which is very much sought after . I got a pic of a piece I found in the area that Im not sure what it is. I would love to get it classified so I will know exactly what to do with it, Can anyone help me???

Attachments

• Feb16030.gif
    Feb16030.gif
    98.1 KB · Views: 1,659

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
That looks like what I always called petrified wood..I think. Am I right? I have found some before as well. Dont know where it is now.

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am Little more than 30 miles but would travel let me know

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread