Looking for information about Greg Brooks and Sub Sea Research

Eric Russell

Nov 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. My name is Eric Russell and I'm a writer based in Portland, Maine. I'm looking into the history of Greg Brooks of Gorham and his firm, Sub Sea Research, which has conducted a number of searches over the last two decades or more. He and Sub Sea have been linked to numerous shipwrecks including the Notre Dame de la Deliverance and the U.S.S. Port Nicholson, among others, but has yet to turn up anything publicly.

I'm looking for people who might have crossed paths with either Brooks or his partner, Edward Michaud, over the years. I'm looking for people who may have invested in some of their searches and were made promises that have yet to materialize. I'm looking for people who may not think that Brooks and SubSea have been 100 percent forthright about their search efforts.

If anyone is interested or knows of anyone who might be willing to speak with me, please drop me a line at [email protected].

Thanks for your consideration.

-Eric Russell

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
so you are only interested in the side of the story that supports your opinion.
Interesting take on journalism.
Best of luck.

OP
OP
E

Eric Russell

Nov 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I am interested in all sides of the story. However, it is easy to find supporters of Mr. Brooks and his company. Additionally, there has been plenty of positive press about his endeavors, including a number of stories that have run in the paper I work for.
This isn't my opinion. I have no stake in this at all, other than the story. I've been looking into the history for several weeks now and I haven't found anything that holds up. So, I'm exploring that further. If you want to support Mr. Brooks, I'd be happy to hear your thoughts as well.

-Eric Russell

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions