Looking for new dump banks and a few questions....

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
Well, I got told off by my old dump bank. The branch manager was very rude to me and said a few things that were completely unprofessional. The good thing is I have a recording of him saying it.

Dang that makes me mad.

Apparently I am the only person in that whole bank with an account but without access (free or otherwise) to the "free coin counter service.

I even saw the listing of the top 100 personal users of the coin counting service in the state. The top 100 users deposit 400,000 dollars in coins every month at this bank alone. It doesn't seem to make a difference that I am a drop in the bucket compared to most of these guys.

Ill have a word with his boss on Monday morning.

I think that I will be able to force his sorry ass to at least allow me to drop off some coinage there, even if it isn't the amount I was doing before.

I have spent the day searching online for other banks and ways that will allow me to gain access to coin counters. This is hard work.

So far I have found 5 options, including coinstar. I could use the coinstar machines to get gift cards to places I already buy stuff, so it would be in effect a free counter service I suppose. I figure I could use coinstar for maybe 500 to 800 a month, just buying things I already use.

The rest are all banks, all located within 65 miles of me, and with at least one branch with a coin counter. Monday I will be checking further into each of them, verifying the coin counters, etc.

Does Brinks or any of the other major coin handling companies allow for individuals to drop off coins?

Does anyone use a bank that allows you to drop off coins in canvas bags? Can you tell me more about it? How did you broach this subject with the banks?

Upvote 0

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
My bank has sorta been rude to me. I use to buy a lot of pennies, and they would as a million questions and act like it was a real hassle for them. I wish my bank had free coin counting, maybe some of them do, and I just don't know. They had some real fancy renovations to all the banks, now its really upscale bankin. Now I have all the time in the world I plan on getting hundreds of dollars worth, I'm just scared they are gonna turn me down.

Happy Hunting

Nicholas

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Write down a CRH dream list and sit down with bankers where you want to open potential accounts.
Two conditions should include unlimited coin orders and unlimited coin drops preferably loose, in bags for no fee.
Open an account with those who agree to the terms. Have them sign it and include it in the notes on your account when they pull it up on the computer so no teller will ever be able to argue with it.
Good Luck!

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Just complain up the chain of command.. complain about the rudeness and lack of customer service and show them the recording. Write a letter too, that would help and send in the recording. Customer service is a basic quality that bank managers should've learned.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread