Looking for THs in my area!

Big Ken

Mar 13, 2008
Looking for TH's in my area!

Hi Yall, my name is Ken. I have had a Metal Detector for some time now, but fast became frustrated with the hobby because of the lack of people involved in this area. I bought a white's MD online about 4 years ago, it still works but has been sitting in my utility room for about 3 of those years :( I know... I know... shame on me. I am hoping to find some great friends here and to go on some awesome adventures now that there is a forum for locals.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Looking for TH's in my area!

Hey Ken,

Welcome to T-Net! You did not state your area, but I'm sure someone will chime in and let you know where they located...I'm in the Hammond area. Check out all the other posts under Louisiana, you'll find someone local. Also check out the Louisiana Bayou Hunt coming up April 18, 19 & 20 in Archibald. Great to have you with us and that your getting the MD fever again.

:) RR

signs046.gif

OP
OP
B

Big Ken

Mar 13, 2008

Sorry about that, I live in Gretna, which is for the most part right across the river from New Orleans.

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome to the forum Ken! :D

I'm located in the Shreveport area but I do know where you are. I worked in Gretna back in the late 70's for about 6 months. You certainly have old stuff in your area! Like RR said, check out the La Bayou Hunt. Gonna be lots of fun! :thumbsup:

Steve

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other

Welcome........I'm in Baton Rouge but not against travel. Hope to hear from you and I hope you will join us at the hunt in April.

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, Fisher, Minelab, Compass.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

River Rat said:
Hey Ken,

Welcome to T-Net! You did not state your area, but I'm sure someone will chime in and let you know where they located...I'm in the Hammond area. Check out all the other posts under Louisiana, you'll find someone local. Also check out the Louisiana Bayou Hunt coming up April 18, 19 & 20 in Archibald. Great to have you with us and that your getting the MD fever again.

:) RR

I did not know we had people so close to home RR I'm in Independence. Been huntin much.... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread