DialTForTreasure
Jr. Member
- #1
Thread Owner
Ok, I recently procured a Garrett 1500, and am slowly getting the hang of it. Nothing so far except clad yet, but considering I've been hunting curbs and playgrounds, I'm not surprised.
Anyway, where I live, there's an old chataqua site that has since turned into a small forest. I know it's been hunted several times over the years, but I got to thinking...
There was once a rather deep creek through the camp (floor to shore height is over 7 feet), that has long since dried up.
I figure i could hunt the floor, and maybe the shores steeper sides. My question is, with a factory coil, after about 100 years time to settle, what sort of suggestions could i get in hunting this area effectively, or would I have better luck elsewhere?
Anyway, where I live, there's an old chataqua site that has since turned into a small forest. I know it's been hunted several times over the years, but I got to thinking...
There was once a rather deep creek through the camp (floor to shore height is over 7 feet), that has long since dried up.
I figure i could hunt the floor, and maybe the shores steeper sides. My question is, with a factory coil, after about 100 years time to settle, what sort of suggestions could i get in hunting this area effectively, or would I have better luck elsewhere?








